Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Audio Production Podcasts: My Top 4 Favourite


I can't count the number of times I've seen lists of 20 or 50 *recommended* podcasts for listening.

Who has time for that?

As an educator myself, I hate unnecessary fluff.  Large lists of podcasts are just that. It's impossible to keep up with more than 4 or 5 podcasts at a time, unless you are a long distance runner, drive a semi for a living, or have nothing better to do than listen for hours on end to podcasts in your spare time.

Another factor I go for is brevity. If it takes you two hours to say what could have taken 20 minutes, I'm out. Keep it simple and keep it short. I think that'll be my new motto.

I've whittled the list down to my top 4. To make it on this list, the podcast needs to be educational in nature and generally interesting to listen to.

1. The Mastering Show - http://themasteringshow.com/
I love, love, LOVE this podcast! Ian Sheppard is a mastering engineer and a natural educator. He is able to distill complicated concepts down to simple anecdotes that are not only easy to understand but also highly actionable. This is almost a master class in Mastering. If you are into mastering, or just want it demystified, I can't recommend this podcast enough! Ian has several products that I highly recommend as well.

2. Recording Revolution's Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/recordingrevolution
This guy is prolific. And an excellent educator as well. Highly, highly recommended. Grahm's vlogs and products completely changed how I approached recording and mixing, for the better!

3. Recording Studio Rock Stars - http://recordingstudiorockstars.com
I'm only a couple of episodes into this interview style podcast produced by Lij Shaw, but I've found the information already to be invaluable.

4. CD Baby Podcast - http://cdbabypodcast.com/
This podcast is a bit long winded, but they deal with a lot of music industry business stuff, which is important. CD baby is an important part of my own journey as an independent artist.

There you have it, my 4 podcasts faves!
enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment